I usually have a smoothie for breakfast but now that I’m officially obsessed with Fall I’ve been craving something more comforting in the mornings. So, this week I made these Pear-Apple Spiced Muffins. They’re a perfect snack for anytime in the day and they go great with a Pumpkin Spice Latte!
What you need:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 pears; peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 apple; peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup spiced apple cider
- cinnamon sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray. (I use butter flavored when I’m baking). Line muffin tin with cupcake liners if it is not a nonstick pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter and brown sugar with a mixer on med-high speed. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in vanilla extract.
- With a mixing spoon, add flour and apple cider into the sugar mixture. Add flour and cider 1/3 at a time, alternating. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chopped apple and pears.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling to the top. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.