I bought a big bag of candy for Halloween and sadly, we only got three trick-or-treaters. It was our first Halloween in the house so I wasn’t sure what to expect but clearly we are not on a popular street.
So, what to do with all of this extra candy? Candy Cookies!
These Chewy Candy Cookies are perfect anytime of the year but are especially convenient for leftover Halloween candy. I used a mixture of Whoppers, Reese’s Pieces and Hershey Bars but you can use a mix of any chocolate based candies. I’m sure Snickers, M&M’s, Twix and Kit-Kat’s would all be good thrown in there. The possibilities are endless!
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of chocolate candy chopped into small pieces
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, combine butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until creamed.
- Add the flour, vanilla pudding mix (just the powder, don’t actually make the pudding), baking powder and salt and beat on low until just combined.
- Scrap sides of bowl with a spoon and fold in chocolate candy.
- Scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet, cover and chill 1-3 hours. Chilling is key to keep cookies from thinning and spreading while baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes. Makes 18-20 medium sized cookies.
Enjoy with a tall glass of milk!
Linking up with Mary for DDT!