As I mentioned in Monday’s post Muddy Buddies are a Holiday tradition for me. They’re fun, easy to make and delicious to eat! I make a big batch every year and have a tasty treat for a few days. They are also great to put in cute jars or gift boxes and give as Christmas gifts to neighbors or coworkers!
I know there’s lots of versions of this recipe and many people already know how to make them by heart (me being one of them) but here’s how I make mine:
- 4 cups each of Rice Chex Cereal and Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Combine cereals in an extra large Tupperware with a lid.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for 1 min, stir and heat for an additional 15-30 seconds until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and mix to coat.
- Add powdered sugar, cover with lid and shake until powdered sugar evenly coats cereal. (You can also do this in a plastic ziploc bag but I feel it’s less messy this way.)
- Store in refrigerator.
What’s your favorite holiday recipe?