Christmas is almost here and I’m so excited! Only a few days left, especially since all the festivities start on Christmas Eve so it’s kind of like a two-day holiday. I can’t wait to make great memories with family, eat a ton of delicious food and see everyone open their presents! I get so thrilled to see people open the presents I got them, I actually have the hardest time waiting for Christmas, I got Jeff’s present early this year and it’s taken everything I have not to give it to him or tell him about it! Christmas isn’t all about the presents but I love showing people how much I care about them, sometimes someone deserves a little spoiling once in a while and I do a lot of all small, meaningful presents too 🙂
So this weekend was pretty much all about last minute Christmas prep and relaxing before the busy week ahead. Here’s some highlights from my weekend:
- Friday I stayed home sick from work but was feeling better by Friday night and Jeff was at work so I stayed in and cleaned up the house. It was nice to get my chores out of the way and have the rest of the weekend to focus on fun stuff.
- Saturday morning we finally got some beautiful weather so I threw on some boots, a scarf and Jeff and I headed out for our final present shopping, stopping for some red cups on the way (Holiday Spice Flat White FTW). Luckily the stores weren’t too crazy!
- Saturday evening, I watched movies while I got all of the present wrapping done. I also relaxed with a cup of peppermint hot tea and started So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore for OBS.
- Sunday, we had church followed by our annual meeting so we were there most of the afternoon. Afterwards we headed to Jeff’s grandparents to visit with his cousin who surprised us by coming home for Christmas! He’s been working in China for almost a year so it’s an awesome surprise!
- We stopped by our neighborhood bar on the way home to catch the end of the Packer game. They won!
- We ended the chilly weekend with a bonfire. Now we’re back up int 80’s but it was awesome having the cooler weather all weekend!
Merry Christmas Week! Santa is coming!!