Banana Pudding is a childhood favorite of mine. I remember there being a local fried chicken restaurant by my house growing up that had the very best Banana Pudding. I wish that place was still there! Banana Pudding also goes great with BBQ so I made some this past weekend for my family cookout and wanted to share the recipe. It’s so easy and a crowd pleaser!
What You Need:
- 4 packages banana cream instant pudding mix
- 8 cups of milk (I use nonfat because I think the pudding is best light with the bananas and wafers)
- 1 box of vanilla wafers
- 4 bananas
- 1 container of cool whip (thawed until soft)
- optional: a handful of graham crackers
What To Do:
- Whisk the pudding and milk together until smooth. Refrigerate 5-10 minutes.
- Line the bottom of a dish with about half of the vanilla wafers. I like to use a glass dish because the layers look pretty 🙂
- Slice 2 bananas and layer on top of the vanilla wafers.
- Pour about half of pudding mix over the wafers and bananas.
- Repeat steps 2-4. Optional: Save a few slices of bananas for garnish.
- Spread a layer of cool whip all over the top of the pudding. Crumble a handful of graham crackers (or a few vanilla wafers) on top and place a few banana slices for garnish if desired.
This makes a party sized portion for about 10-15 people. Split everything in half if you are making it for a smaller group.
Linking up for DDT!