Saturday is cheat day and this past weekend I made these absolutely delicious Buckeye Cookies, gluten-free of course! I’m a chocolate peanut butter combo fanatic and these are perfect for all my cravings! 🙂
What You Need:
- 1 box Gluten-free brownie mix (I like the Betty Crocker brand)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter + 1 Tablespoon
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine brownie mix, egg, cream cheese and 1/2 stick of butter in a large bowl. Mix well, it’s easiest to mix with hands, batter will be very sticky. Form into small balls and place on cookie sheet (makes about 24 cookies).
- Combine peanut butter with powdered sugar. Form balls about half the size of brownie balls and press into center of each one.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Melt chocolate chips and 1 Tablespoon of butter, mix well. Spread a thin layer over each cookie.