Holy Moly! This week has been a doozie! Work has been pretty fast paced and my nights at home seem to fly by. Luckily, we had a HelloFresh delivery on Monday so I haven’t had to worry about what’s for dinner. I thought it would be the perfect time to share about our experience with HelloFresh so far.
We’ve been receiving HelloFresh deliveries for the past 3 months or so. The great thing about the service is that you can skip a week or cancel at anytime. Sometimes we will get a bunch of weeks in a row and sometimes we’ll skip a few weeks in a row, it just depends on what recipes they are offering that week and what our evening plans look like.
We are on the 3×2 meal plan. Three meals a week for 2 people. Each week there are 8 recipes to choose from, one of which is a premium recipe (+$5 per person).
- Everything is fresh! They live up to their name and all of the produce seemed perfectly ripe and the meats were kept very cold. There hasnt been anything that didn’t look fresh or we couldn’t use.
- It’s added variety to our weekly menu. Some recipes are familiar but many of the recipes and ingredients are out of the norm. We’ve got to try some new recipes that I would never think to make.
- Perfect portions – not too big or small. I’m guilty of eating way too much dinner sometimes (especially if mashed potatoes are involved) and regretting it later. With HelloFresh you won’t overeat.
- Recipe selections are clearly marked for gluten-free, vegetarian, etc.
- They now offer a breakfast recipe option each week, it’s good for a special weekend breakfast or if you’re like me you can have a breakfast for dinner night!
- Recipe instructions are really clear and you can keep your favorite recipe cards to make them in the future on your own.
- They are not always 3 gluten free options for that week, or there will be two and the third option is the premium recipe which requires an up charge. Luckily you can skip any week of your subscription without penalty and we do end up skipping quite a few.
- There’s no leftovers. This may not be a con for everyone but we usually make sure we have leftovers for lunch the next day. So, you do have make sure you have lunch supplies on deck.
- Recipes can be slightly time consuming. In my experience, most take 30-45 to prep and prepare. There’s a lot of chopping and stove top cooking involved. That’s was an adjustment for me because I tend to make dinners that I can throw into the oven and leave while I do other stuff.
Obviously, the pros outway the cons. I only wish they would provide more gluten free options!
Have you tried HelloFresh or another meal delivery service? What do you think?
If you’re interested in trying HelloFresh you can get $40 off your first box here.