Wow! What a year it’s been! I feel like I’ve grown so much this year and have been blessed with some pretty awesome experiences. I’m heading out of 2015 with a heart full of love and gratitude and looking forward to 2016!
Here’s what my life looked like in 2015:
- We rang in the New Year with an awesome, huge party at our house (we had moved in the November before so it was the first big celebration that we hosted in this house) and I was cleaning up confetti for months!
- Jeff and I took our first plane ride together and visited NYC to celebrate my 24th birthday! It was the first time in the Big Apple for both of us and quickly became a city we loved!
- My cousin Sharee had a beautiful wedding here in Orlando and married a pretty awesome guy who fits right in the family!
- We saw Luke Bryan in concert and he was amazing!
- We cheered on our brand new Orlando City Soccer team at their first game!
- My bestie Shaneen won tickets to an Ariana Grande concert and took me with her. It was an interesting and fun experience!
- I experienced life without Spring Break in my first full year in the working world and it was an adjustment…
- My good friend Adiana got married to her high school sweetheart!
- Some other friends hosted a giant slip and slide party…adulting at it’s finest!
- Jeff and I ran our first 5K together on my company’s team at the Corporate 5K.
- Jeff and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary!
- We treated both of our amazing moms to a joint brunch for Mother’s Day.
- Had a great summer trip in beautiful Siesta Key with great friends!
- I did my first Chalk Paint project and refurbished a vanity that has been in my family since the 1920’s!
- Our beautiful goddaughter Aaliyah was born!
- We added Scotch to the family!
- Our giant family vacation trip to the Epcot Food & Wine Festival at Walt Disney World.
- We celebrated Jeff’s 26th Birthday!
- I started the blog to keep track of all of the adventures that come with adulting!
- My cousin Alicia had a Fairytale wedding at Disney!
- We went to the homecoming game for UCF (they lost, obviously). It was the first year since Freshman year of college that I only made it one game!
- We went as Yoko Ono and John Lennon for Halloween…one of my favorite costumes we’ve done!
- Celebrated my Mommy’s birthday with a special wine & painting party!
- Jeff and I hosted Thanksgiving for the first time!
- We had a great month celebrating the season with family!
- Jeff surprised me with a trip to NYC and we got engaged in Central Park!
2015 was a great year that ended even better than I could have imagined so 2016 has a lot to live up to! I can’t wait to see what is has in store for me!
Happy New Year!!