Happy January! It’s officially a new year and it’s also my birth month so I’m looking forward to having a great month!
I didn’t set New Years Resolutions specifically, I feel like I can achieve more of what I want to accomplish by setting monthly goals. However, there are some areas on want to focus on this year:
- Being involved in my community – I used to volunteer all the time in my youth group and throughout college but I haven’t done much the past few years and I really want to make a positive difference in other people’s lives.
- Getting in better shape – Last year was my first full year working full time in an office job and it has not been a blessing for my figure. I need to make a huge effort to be more active.
- Having a better sleeping schedule – I haven’t changed my sleeping habits since college and staying up late throughout the week, sleeping as much as possible, rushing to get ready every morning and being exhausted at work then binge sleeping on the weekends is not doing me any favors!
So, I’m going to make sure that my monthly goals always include working towards building better fitness and sleeping habits along with helping others. New Year, New Me (in progress)!
I’m not going to review my December Goals because I hardly accomplished anything besides the fun ones: making delicious Christmas treats and convincing Jeff to wear matching ELF pajamas with me 🙂
Here’s what’s on my to-do list for January!
- Track my steps, water & food intake and sleep habits with my new FitBit. I want to get a better idea of where I’m actually at so I can set realistic goals for myself and build healthier habits. I don’t believe in dieting, I truly believe that being healthy and in shape is a lifestyle and that healthy habits need to be built over time.
- Go to the gym or go on a run at least 3 times per week and schedule it in my planner. I want to work up to 5 times a week, EVERY WEEK but I think this is a good start! I’m so inconsistent with my workouts, sometimes I go 4 or 5 times a week and sometimes I don’t go at all. I think scheduling when I will go at the beginning of the week will help me not to skip out or use the “I don’t have time” excuse.
- Complete Yoga Camp from Yoga With Adrienne. Yoga Camp is 30 days of Yoga to kick start the new year and I think it will definitely get me on the right track. Yoga keeps me sane and it is a commitment to practice every single day but I’m loving it so far!
- Finish the 4 books I’ve currently started. I don’t whats going on but I have two books going that I only read the first chapter of and two other books that I’m reading simultaneously. It would be a huge win if I could finish all of these this month.
- Research Volunteer Organizations. I want to find an organization in my community that I am passionate about and can consistently volunteer at this year so I’m going to research our local charities and make a list of the ones I want to reach out to.
I’m going to keep myself at 5 goals a month so I can stay focused (not the easiest task for me, my mind is all over the place). What are the goals you have for this new year or January?
Happy first month of 2016!
Linking up with Writes Like A Girl.