These aren’t just any muffins, these are pancake muffins! I’ve found that gluten free pancake mix makes the best flour substitute in muffins! What can I say, when you can’t use traditional flour in your recipes, you tend to get creative! Last week I had tons of fresh blueberries to work with so I whipped up a batch of these and it was a great decision. Enjoy!
- 3 cups gluten free pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl (pancake mix, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar).
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, almond milk and butter. Mash the banana and whisk in.
- Combine the wet ingredients to the dry but do not over mix, batter should be fluffy.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tin to the tops, almost over flowing.
- Bake 20-25 until tops are golden brown. Makes about 12 muffins.