Recipe: Gluten-Free Chicken Spinach Alfredo Pizza
I am obsessed with pizza. I could seriously eat it almost every day of the week. I’ve always been a huge fan of thin-crust pizza and I like to choose gluten free options as much as possible so when I came across this Quinoa Crust Recipe from The Wholesome Dish I was one happy camper! It’s perfect for Chicken, Spinach and Alfredo pizza!
What You Need
- ½ cup quinoa
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp. dried basil leaves
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup shredded Italian-blend cheese
- 1/2 cup alfredo sauce (I use Trader’s Joe’s Organic Alfredo Sauce, it’s GF)
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 grilled or baked chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 cup Italian-blend cheese
- cracked pepper
- Prepare Quinoa Crust. Tip: Follow the directions very carefully. Toasting the quinoa is key! The first time I made this crust I cooked the quinoa as usual and then followed the rest of the recipe, it did not come out crust-like at all.
- Spread alfredo sauce all over crust. Top with spinach, chicken and, lastly, cheese. Sprinkle cracked pepper to taste.
- Bake 5-10 minutes at 425 degrees until cheese is melted.
Enjoy this protein-packed pizza! It’s also tasty without the chicken if you want to make it a gluten-free and vegetarian meal.
Linking up with Mary for DDT!